The Poetic Psalms
Thursday, August 18, 2022 by Barbara
Praise Prompts #7, final
Sometimes the dullness of our hearts needs a praise prompt from elsewhere. There is no better place to look than in the Psalms where poetic lines stimulate praise and clarify our perspective. Let these samples lift your heart.
- But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. Ps. 10:14a
- You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. Ps. 18:35-36
- How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you. Ps. 31:19a
- You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah Ps. 32:7
- The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Ps. 33:10-11
The Psalms prompt praise in spite of our troubles and challenges, fears and weakness, need and deprivation, or world unrest and threats. Let the psalmists’ reminders that the Lord sees us, holds us, provides for us, protects us, and stands firm forever, fill our hearts and evoke praise from our lips.
Maude Carolan Pych From At 8/18/2022 10:14:43 AMBarbara, I can almost see David sitting on a grassy hillside as sheep graze below and almost hear him pouring out his heart to God, while strumming his little harp.
Reply by: Barbara Higby AuthorThank you for that picture, Maude!
Sister Jane Abeln From Denville At 8/18/2022 8:24:07 AMI like your reflections,Barbara. Thanks for sharing. Sr. Jane
Reply by: Barbara Higby AuthorThank you, Sr. Jane.
Kathy R. From Hope, NJ At 8/18/2022 7:58:09 AMAmen - I needed to hear this!
Reply by: Barbara Higby AuthorWe all need these reminders. :)
Sally From Franklin lakes At 8/18/2022 7:33:25 AMLove these thoughts. You Always touch my heart
Reply by: Barbara Higby AuthorThank you, Sally.
The Poetic Psalms